How to change eye color using Photoshp?

I have a friend with very lovely face and very pretty eyes. When we were doing our masters, she was about to get married and like most of the other eastern girls, very excited about the prospect of being a bride.She kept on talking about the beauty tips she was going to apply, and about the dresses and other stuff she was buying or about to buy for her wedding.
At last the day came and we saw her in her bright red and gold bridal outfit. Of course, she was looking extremely pretty like a fairy queen, so everyone praised and complemented. Instead of glasses, she was wearing light brown contact lenses which were looking gorgeous on her fair skin. She and the rest of her family members were looking perfectly happy and satisfied  with themselves because everything in  the wedding took place perfectly well.
After two weeks,  when I went to see her , she told me that there was something wrong with her wedding photos. She dropped the big  and heavy photo album  on my lap. As soon as I opened the album I understood what was the wrong. As I have mentioned earlier that instead of glasses she wore contact lenses at her wedding and was looking gorgeous, but in the photographs her lenses against the flash light creating very bad effects and her eyes were looking more like a cat's eyes than hers.
Eye-picture-before-editing
Eyes: Unnatural effects
She was not at all happy with the photographer's performance and wanted to look in photographs  too, as beautiful as she was looking in reality. Luckily I had the solution.
I asked her if I could take those pictures for editing. Further I explained that how easily could all those pictures be edited flawlessly within a couple of hours.  She agreed and then handed me a potable USB device containing all those pictures.After a few days I handed her USB device back to her with the addition of a new folder in it that was containing all edited images of hers.


Eye-picture-after-editing
Eyes: After the removal of unnatural effects
 When she saw the result of my two days toil, she couldn't  believe upon her eyes. ' That's amazing.....!' , she exclaimed, ' how did you do that?' And the answer was simple.
I had already had adobe Photoshop 7.0 installed in my computer.I simply inserted the USB device in the port  and copied the folder containing Sara's (my friend's) wedding photos and pasted it on my computer's desktop. Then I  removed the device and put it aside.

Use of different options ,menus,tools and short cut keys

File Menu

 I opened the image editor software ( that was adobe Photoshop 7.0) and clicked on the file menu.Out of that menu, I selected the option 'Open'  (CTRL+ O).
File-menu
File menu: Contains many options

Open Window

As soon as I selected that option, a window opened. In that window's  Look in  bar, I typed the word 'desktop'  because my image folder was exist on desktop . 

Open-window
Open window: Select the folder or file you want to open
As soon as I typed the word desktop in the bar, all desktop items appeared in the window. I selected my required folder and clicked the button called Open .

Zoom in (CTRL + +)

 As soon as I clicked that button all the photos that folder contained appeared in the window in an instant. I selected one and clicked Open again and the photo was opened in Photoshop. I zoomed the picture in by hitting CTRL + +  ( a picture can be zoomed out by hitting CTRL +  -).

Window Menu

 After that , out of the menu bar of adobe Photoshop 7.0, I selected the window menu. Out of the sub-menu of the window menu, I put check beside the option  Tools. As soon as I put check beside that option, a tool bar appeared at the left side of the Photoshop window.

Useful-Photoshop-Tools
Window menu : Opens all closed window

Lasso Tool

Out of those tools I selected Lasso Tool by clicking on it.

Lasso-tool
Lasso Tool : Used to make selection
When I put the pointer of my mouse at the arrow  that could be seen at the bottom- right of the option Lasso Tool and clicked the left button of my mouse, the sub-menu of Lasso Tool appeared.

Polygonal-lasso-tool
Types of lasso tool: All are used to make selection but in slightly different way

Polygonal Lasso Tool and Add to Selection

Out of that menu, I selected Polygonal Lasso Tool.Out of the top options, I selected Add to Selection ( we select Add to Selection only when we want to make selection of more than one objects at the same time).Then I made selection of both eyes at the same time .

Add-to-selection
Add to selection: Make selection of more than one object simultaneously

Hue and Saturation Dialogue Box 

After that I hit the keys CTRL + U. As soon as I did so, appeared  the Hue and Saturation dialogue box. I put checks beside Preview and Colorize then set hue , saturation and lightness according to my wish then clicked  OK.
Hue-saturation-and-lightness
Slides representing Hue, Saturation and Lightness

Removal of  Selection (CTRL + D)

As soon as I clicked OK, the eye color totally changed and the bad effects were removed totally. To remove selection, I hit CTRL + D and the selection removed.

Save As

To save the edited image I clicked the file menu again and selected the option save as. As soon as I selected that option  a window called  save as opened.

Save-your-image-in-any-formate
Save As: Save image in any format other than PSD
 I typed the name of my friend's newly edited image in the file name box then selected the format  jpeg  out  of the format drop down menu and clicked the button  save .One by one, I edited all the pictures by the same method and everyone liked them.
I hope my readers will find this post helpful and interesting at the same time. If you want to put forward any objection or  suggestion regarding further improvement, kindly don't forget to subscribe your comments.  
Location: Pakistan

0 comments: